Olga V. Zakhozhay
Dr. Olga V. Zakhozhay
In 2007 year she was graduated from the V.N. Karazin National University (physics department, astronomical specialty), with honours degree.
In a period 2007-2011 she was a graduated student of Main Astronomical Observatory National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. In 2011she has successfully defended PhD thesis titled “Spectral energy distribution peculiarities of systems with circumsubstellar disks”.
In a period 2011-2012 she was a junior researcher and since 2013 - researcher in the Main Astronomical Observatory National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in the palenetary systems physics department.
In 2008 she worked on project “A UVES atlas of emission line profiles in young stellar and substellar objects” in The European Southern Observatory – ESO (Short-term visitorship supported by the Director General Discretionary Found) under supervision of Fernando Comerón.
In 2013 she worked on project “Spectral energy distributions of fragmenting protostellar disks” in Institute for Astrophysics, University of Vienna (supported by Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research, OeAD) in collaboration with Eduard Vorobyov.
She gave talks at the seminars in:
- Main Astronomical Observatory of NAS of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2008 – 2014),
- Institute of Astrophysics, University of Vienna (Vienna, Austria, 2013),
- Institute of Radio Astronomy of NAS of Ukraine (Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2011),
- Astronomical Institute of the Ruhr University (Bochum, Germany, 2010 and 2011).
She participated in the international conferences and schools that took part in Ukraine, Croatia, Vatican, Italy, Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, the United States, Armenia, Slovakia, Brazil, China and France.
Scientific interests: planetary, substellar and stellar formation, exoplanets, lowmass stellar and substellar objects.
Main scientific publications
- Zakhozhay O. V., Vorobyov E.I. and Dunham M.M. Observational signatures of proto brown dwarf formation // Memorie della Società Astronomica Italiana – 2013. – Vol. 84, n.4 – P. 880-884.
- Vorobyov E.I., Zakhozhay O. V. and Dunham M.M. Fragmenting protostellar disks: properties and observational signatures // Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc. – 2013. – Vol. 433 – P. 3256-3273.
- Zakhozhay O. and Vorobyov E.I. The signatures of disk fragmentation in spectral energy distributions // Proceedings of the conference Hot Planets and Cool Stars, Garching, November 12-16, 2012. – EPJ Web of Conferences – 2013. – Vol. 47 – 14003.
- Zakhozhay O., Vorobyov E.I. Can disk fragmentation leave signatures in spectral energy distributions? // Proceedings of the workshop Instabilities and Structures in Proto-Planetary disks, Marseille, September 17-20, 2012. – EPJ Web of Conferences – 2013. – Vol. 46 – 02004.
- Zakhozhay O.V., Vorobyov E.I. Spectral energy distributions of fragmenting protostellar disks // Formation, detection, and characterization of extrasolar habitable planets Proceedings IAU Symposium No. 293, Beijing, August 27-31, 2012; 2013 – Vol. 293. – submitted.
- Zakhozhay O.V. Circumsubstellar disks SED in dependence of system parameters// Advances in astronomy and Space Physics – 2012 – Vol. 2, Iss. 2 – P. 143-145.
- Zakhozhay O.V. Circumsubstellar disks’ SED depending on system inclination // From Interacting Binaries to Exoplanets: Essential Modeling Tools Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union, IAU Symposium 282, Tatranská Lomnica, July 18-22, 2011; 2012. – Vol. 282. – P. 448-449.
- Zakhozhay V. A., Zakhozhay O. V. and Vidmachenko A. P. Peculiarities of simulation of thin flat discs with central objects in accordance with their spatial location // Kinematics and Physics of Celestial Bodies – 2011 – 27, №3 – P.140-153.
- Zakhozhay O.V. Spectral energy distribution simulations for substars with disks having inner holes // Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy – 2011 – 2, №3 – Р. 211-220.
- Zakhozhay O.V. Spectral energy distribution simulations for substars with gapless disks // Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy – 2011 – 2, №2 – Р. 125-132.
- Zakhozhay O.V. Modeling of SEDs for substars with disks that have different geometrical and physical parameters // The Astrophysics of Planetary Systems: Formation, Structure, and Dynamical Evolution, Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union, IAU Symposium, Torino, October 11-15 2010; 2011. – Vol. 276. – P. 467-468.
- Zakhozhay O.V., Zakhozhay V.A. The SEDs of Circumsubstellar Protoplanetary Disks // Pathways Towards Habitable Planets, Proceedings of Conference, Barcelona, September 14-18, 2009; еds V.C. du Foresto, D.M. Gelino, I.Ribas – ASP Conference Series. Vol. 430. –– San Francisco, 2010. – P. 560–563.
- Zakhozhay V.A., Zakhozhay O.V. the preliminarily results of spectral energy distribution calculations for substars with disks // The All-Russian Astrometric Conference "Pulkovo - 2009", St. Peterburg, 15-19 June 2009, proceedings book, - The Central Astronomical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2010. – P.119-124.
- Zakhozhay V.A., Zakhozhay O.V. Disks around nearest stars and substars // Kinematics and Physics of Celestial Bodies – 2010. – 26, № 1. – p. 3-30.
- Zakhozhay O.V., Vid’machenko A.P., Zakhozhay V.A. Expected number of accessible for observation circumsubstellar discs in the Local stellar system // Proceedings of 15th Open Young Scientists’ Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics. April 14-19, 2007. – Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University. – 2008. – P. 37-40
- Zakhozhay O.V., Vid’machenko A.P., Zakhozhay V.A. Simulation of the continuous spectrum of substars with protoplanetary discs// Proceedings of 14th Open Young Scientists’ Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics. April 23-28, 2007. – Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University. – 2007 – P. 91-94
- Zakhozhay O.V., Zakhozhay V.A.,Krugly Yu.N. Catalogue of Planetary Objects.Version 2006.0 // Proceedings of 13th Open Young Scientists’ Conference on Astronomy and Space Physics. April 25-29, 2006. – Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University. – 2006. – P. 122-133.