• yatskiv

Переслане повідомлення
Від: "Anne Lemaitre - IAU Division A President"
Кому: "yatskiv"
Надіслано: Понеділок, 4 Вересень 2017 р 11:58:15
Тема: Important IAU Deadlines

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to remind you a few deadlines concerning IAU applications and
especially these concerning the Division A, Fundamental Astronomy.
* Obtained Symposia for IAU GA 2018: the competition was hard for the organisation of symposia during the GA, in Vienna, next year. Only one of the proposals of our division has been selected: IAU Symposium 348, 21st Century Astrometry: crossing the Dark and Habitable frontiers. Of course many other selected symposia, even if proposed by other divisions, could be very attractive for most of us. The registration is open: [astronomy2018.univie.ac.at](astronomy2018.univie.ac.at) * New Symposia for 2019: it is really time to prepare your letters of intent (BEFORE the 15th of September 2017) if you have a project of symposium for 2019. The letters will be published on the IAU web site, and will give an opportunity to discover the other projects, to postpone yours if necessary or to try to prepare a combined proposal, or (I hope so) to prepare a full proposition (BEFORE the 15th  of December 2017). It is impossible to submit a full proposal without having submitted the letter of intent. * PhD prize: No (valid) candidate for our division in 2016: I really hope a better participation for the year 2017: Please communicate the information to your PhD students…
The official text:[www.iau.org/science/grants_prizes/phd_prize/](https
://www.iau.org/science/grants_prizes/phd_prize/)
* Summary of  Important deadlines: * Sep. 15th: letters of intent for 2019 Symposia * Dec 15th: full proposals for  2019 Symposia * Dec 15th: application for the IAU PhD Prize

Please contact me (or any member of Div A committee) for any question,
suggestion or proposal.

Best regards,

Anne Lemaitre

President of IAU Div A

[www.iau.org/science/scientific_bodies/divisions/A/](https://www.iau.o
rg/science/scientific_bodies/divisions/A/)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds